Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Change for the Jacksons

After having settled in our new home here in Hershey, we encountered a few problems with an appliance that I've come to rely on heavily - the washing machine. How does a mom with 3 kids survive without a functioning washing machine for more than 3 weeks? For me, the answer lie in the basement of the house we're living in (don't worry, the rest of the house looks nothing like this). I posted about doing laundry here in my Adventure Journey blog, which you can read here:

http://ajhub.com/blogs/adventuremom/archive/2007/10/18/adventures-in-laundry.aspx

Why am I writing about this now? Because a happy day has come! This past week we finally got a new washing machine...and a new dryer. It was like Christmas at our house. And not just for me, the main blessing-receiver in the story. Billy and the kids were equally as enamored. The children love to sit and watch the washing machine wash the clothes. And Will has become quite adept at loading it for me and helping to add the soap.

Ah, the simple pleasures of life...


The old laundry room I used to use was located through this tunnel of terror. No, this is not earthquake aftermath. This is infact the way to the washing machine.


Billy and the children happily watching the stains and soils magically remove themselves from their clothes.

No comments: