Thursday, October 18, 2007

Pretzels in Lititz, PA

Last Wednesday we decided it was time for a little family adventure so we headed down the road a ways to Lititz, PA - maybe one of the quiantest towns around here (how can you really say with dutch country so close?). In town they have the Julius Sturgis Pretzel Bakery - the oldest pretzel bakery in America. Inside, you can make roll out your own pretzel and bake it in their oven (warning: the ovens are being updated now so if you go any time in the next few months this feature won't be working). We got some of their hard pretzels as a sample and I think they may be the best pretzels I've ever had. Seriously. As a perk, we also met the great-grandson of Julius Sturgis out in the garden. What are the odds? And for those of you who ever want to get some for yourself (or send some to me as a gift because you love me and know that I deserve them) they are now referred to as Tom Sturgis pretzels.

After pretzel making, we walked up and down the streets looking at the awesome shops along the way. I'm sure we'll head back there someday again because there's so much we didn't get to see or do (including an old-fashioned chocolate factory with samples). We then had a delicious dinner at Roma's (2 huge pizzas for $10). Nothing makes a trip like good food!



Okay, I know that two of those pictures are sideways but I'm too lazy to rotate them before uploading. What can I say, I have limited time.

1 comment:

Jamie! said...

Yeah...talk about lazy! (Whatever!) You take your kids to do things...that's not something a lazy mom can do. I know, because I am a lazy mom! Sounds like lots of fun, Sar!